My name is Ray Orme II. I am a 44 year old resident of Washington State that has very little experience with photography. I was taking my first pictures before I was 10 years old, but never really developed a passion for taking photos.
In 7th grade, I didn’t have a photography class, but knew a few people that were taking the class and they showed me how to develop film. In 1988 I toured Europe, visiting 7 countries, taking pictures with an auto focus 35mm camera. In 1998 I took the intro to videography two hour class given as a requirement for channel 77, Seattle Public Access TV. This sums up my training except of course reading the camera manuals.
I know this, I want to show something to the world and previous attempts have been ways not to do things. This will be my journey to discover something new, what it takes to start from scratch and successful keys to making photography a career.
When I say start from scratch, this is my version of scratch:
- I am unemployed.
- My vehicle is not licensed and shouldn’t be driven.
- My only camera is the 8mp one on my LG phone.
- I can’t live at home because there is no power or water at the house.
- My laptop for editing is nine years old and takes minutes to open applications.
- I don’t have much experience with photo editing software.
- I know absolutely nothing about the financial side of the photography industry.